The Mission of Women in Thoracic Surgery includes the following
- To enhance the quality of medical care given to patients of the members;
- To focus on the development of women thoracic surgeons through a mentoring program;
- To enhance the education of patients concerning heart and lung disease, particularly but not exclusively, among women; and
- To enhance the education of women thoracic surgeons through seminars and other training mediums.
- To create a supportive community to optimize the advancement of women in CT surgery.